Wednesday, January 13, 2010

FINALLY A HOUSE!

So Clay and I have been married for 5 1/2 years now and we are FINALLY getting our own home. We are so excited to have our own space. We will be moving to Colorado about 3 hours or so south of Denver. Clay will be working at the Maximum Security Prison in Florence CO as an attorney still though. :) It is something that Clay has been looking forward too. Hopefully this will keep him entertained for a few years so we can enjoy our new home. The front view. Everything looks dead due to the winter season. We found this house on the first day that we went looking. It was a model home and the builder was looking to sell. The front yard was already landscaped (which in this area never happens it seems) and there were so many benefits to buying a brand new home.

The kitchen. All of the appliances are being changed to black though. per request.
The view from the front door
one of the bathrooms
another bathroom to the left and two bedrooms
The Master
The office/4th bedroom
The living room
The view from the deck. Nothing but wide open sagebrush fields.
A few things about the house...... 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, 3 car garage (which is bigger than our apartment we are in now) funny! 1 acre lot, unfinished basement. There is a lot of potential. I am looking forward to painting the walls and decorating. It will be pretty empty for a while though, while we save for some new furniture and stuff like that. We will have plenty of room which will be great. Turf and Coster won't know what to do with all the space to run around.

13 comments:

Hollie and Mike Christiansen said...

Congrats on the new home! It looks fabulous and like the space will be Coster's oyster for sure!! It was fun to see all that you have been up too. I'm sure having a house will be amazing for all of you. You certainly deserve it after all that moving.

mcintyreandco said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is AWESOME! I love it! I am SO happy for you guys! I am so excited to see pictures of what you do to it...you will make it GORGEOUS! You are so creative and have such an amazing talent! Have fun!!!!

Brent and Stacie said...

Finally your own home! I am really excited for you guys. Daph and I can't wait to come and visit.

Erica said...

So BEAUTIFUL! I am so happy for you guys...but I am going to miss you guys! Loved all the posts too. Looks like you have a great family!

The Green's said...

I love the house!! It is beautiful. What a blessing to have your own space. I love the pics of the holidays. It looks like you had a great month!

Jack, Merry & T-Man said...

That is so awesome! Congratulations you guys!

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! Your house looks awesome and I can't wait to see pictures after you decorate- it is going to look amazing!

Laurel said...

You will be living near my dad! That is so funny. That house looks great. It's so wonderful to be in a house you will love it.

Michelle said...

That is SO exciting you guys bought a house!! Cute Pic's from over the Holidays :) Coster is getting so big, he is so cute!!

Pitcher Family said...

Congrats! So excited for you all! The house looks beautiful. It will be so fun to paint and decorate.

Popcorn House said...

WOW!!! How exciting for you guys!!! Good luck with the move!

Jakenaddie said...

how exciting to have your own home.....and it's a beautiful one at that! we are so jealous! we are hoping to get a house in October

TRICIA said...

congratulations! nothing is more fun than your first home! We are very happy for you!